My DS is sensitive to disposable diapers.

My DS has been getting rashes and infections under his diaper for a while now and I have tried switching brands(huggies, pampers, luvs) but I cant seem to find a diaper that doesnt make his breakout. I just bought the huggies pure and natural but i was wondering if anyone has any advice on this situation. And I am considering cloth diapers but I want to try to find a disposable if I can. BTW he has been seen by the doc several times for this i just wanted to see if i can avoid it for the future.

Finkette

Asked by Finkette at 2:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get cloth. I use cloth and LOVE them. I am a SAHM and don't send them to daycare. But started using with my second because of money and it turrned out his excema on his legs around diaper areas cleared up too. I ordered from TheLuvYourBaby.com site, best priced ones I could find. My 1 yr old is using them and my 2 yr old who is 35 pounds also uses them at bed times or when we are out and about and I don't feel comfy letting him go in training underpants. BTW, my baby has only had 1 diaper rash and it was when he had diarrhea from being sick. Wish I would have known about such wonderful cloth diapers with my first or he would have been in them from the beginning too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Can it be a yeast infection that was never totally cleared up?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ps, if you decide to go with cloth diapers, get snap closures. the velcro doesn't hold as well once they get active!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Do you have a cloth diaper service nearby? Cloth diapers aren't bad once you get used to it, just make sure you get good thick diapers and change often.....also let him air out a littel each day.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• mompam...this particular rash is a little yeast and some infection....but the previous ones were infection and hes been on antibiotics three times in the past few months for this. I do everything i can to prevent it and then when i think i got it under control it gets worse.

2blondebabies.....thanks ill look into them.
    Finkette

Comment by Finkette (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My daughter can only wear the Pampers sensitive brand...which is bad because she is almost ready for a size 3 and the diapers end at size 2. I was considering cloth diapers but really didn't want to use them and finally (After giving many packs of diapers away to friends and family with babies or who were pregnant) noticed that pampers sensitive work. We recently tried a generic brand and she can't wear them all the time but every other diaper during the day seems to be okay. Good luck hope the Huggies work for you!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 2:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You may want to try using Balmex or Desitin before putting the diaper on him. They are both designed to help prevent these types of things. If it doesn't help it's likely more than a diaper sensitivity.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Have you checked if the diapers have aloe in them??? I know it sounds weird but I had to do that with my ds and when I took aloe out of what I was using on him he was fine... Just a thought
    portlandia

Answer by portlandia at 5:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My DS #2 could only wear cloth, or he would get a rash. There are lots of cloth diapers that are almost as easy as disposables. Check out the bum genius and fuzzibunz at http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think you may want to get some cloth diapers. My son when he was much younger would break out with all the diapers we would get at the store. The perfumes lotions and other chemicals can cause a baby's skin to break out. You can also talk to your baby's doctor and see if they have any suggestions for you
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010