Am I mean not buying Halloween Candy?

Every year I buy candy and then we go out with the boys to trick or treat. When we get back no one comes by the house. So this year I didn't buy any candy because I am sick of it calling out my name in the cupboard asking me to eat it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We haven't bought ANY candy. One reason is because I'm pregnant and my doctor said he'd kill me if I ate any Halloween candy hahahaha. No, to be completely honest, it's because nobody comes by the house except for POSSIBLY my two nieces and my nephew. Ever. We live way off the road and the other people that live near us don't have kids. It's no big deal. I mean, I'd like to participate in the whole trick or treat thing, but I'm pregnant with my first, too old to go out ToT by myself, and nobody's going to invite an underage pregnant chick to a party. No biggie, there's always next year :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We aren't home on Halloween, so we don't hand out candy. Never have.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well, not mean but kinda a party pooper, but not mean. Just close yourself up in your house, or be gone from 5pm-10ish. Make sure your porch light is off.

We planned on going trick or treating first then going through the bags and picking out the candies we don't like to give back out to the kids who come by. Is that mean? Recycling the gross candy? :)

I ended up buying a bag anyway.
    shudderette

Answer by shudderette at 3:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• What I do is set out a bowl of candy with a sign that says please take 3 pieces of candy only, so other monsters have some too. Of course there is no way to know if they are being honest or just grabbing a bunch of it. That way we don't get any tricks played on us! One year we didnt hand out candy our driveway and cars got egged! It was a mess!
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We'll be out trick or treating so I haven't bought any either! We won't be home.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• This is the 3rd Halloween that we'll be spending at this house. The last two years we've never had ONE trick or treater and ended up with sooo much left over candy. This year I haven't bought any candy. If anyone does come by it would be a friend or family member and I'll give them a Halloween cookie as a treat.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you won't be there to hand it out no need to spend the extra money I say...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We NEVER get trick or treaters so I'm not going to bother buying candy either.. maybe one bag of the candy no one likes so I won't end up eating it, hahaha.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Its not bad. At my old house we never had trick or treaters. But at our new house we get a TON of trick or treaters so we get candy now:) Even if I didnt I would still have my kids' candy screaming at me from the cubbord to eat it lol:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• im not buying candy we are going to be out all day doing things with our kids....if someone comes by when we do get home im going to have to say sorry i dont have any. besides its our first yr at this house i dont know how many kids come out here.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008