How old do you think too old is to have a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think that after 35 or older you should have a baby, that it's my very own thinking though, I apologize in advanced if I bother somebody with my answer. But, now women are being very selfish with the babies, they want to have children at the age of 40, 45, 50??!! It's so unfair for the child. Imagine if you were to be 40, when your son/daughter turns 20 you'll be sixty and they if they give you grandchildren you are not going to enjoy them. Perhaps maybe you might not be as active and you would not even be able to enjoy your own kids. But once again that is just my own opinion. lol
    Anonymous

• Doctors say over 35 becuase of the risks of defects and other problems. My mom had a baby when she was 36 and my aunt had three after 35. Personally, I think if your over 40, you missed your chance...unless you want to risk your babies health and well being.
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 3:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Having a baby over 40 is not selfish....Maybe that person did not find the right person until they reached that age...so shelfish I say not....
    Selfish is not caring for or not loving your child at any age!
    Anonymous

• 35 to 45

Answer by louise2 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I hate to be mean and all...but I think anything over 45 is pushing it. Just think, when your child graduates from high school, you'll be considered a senior citizen. I understand that as long as your body is capable of bearing children that you have the right to do so...but I think by that age, the risks outweigh the positives in most situations. Also, that's a HUGE generation gap to consider.

But whatever. To each her own :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• some women have menopause babies.

Answer by louise2 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• sadly I think it depends on how much money you have. You need to be able to support your kid through college and if your 70 at that time your not going to be able to do that on your SS checks.

Anonymous

• Depending on the mothers health I learn towards early 40s. We live a lot longer then we used to... 30 is the new 20, 40 is the new 30.. Plenty of women live to be 70, 80+.. so you'll likely still be around well into your childs middle age. I don't think its any more "unfair" to a child then a very young mother, or any more "unfair" then a mother that has very little financial reserves. At least chances are with an older mother she will be mature, settled with her life and is more likely to be financially secure.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I will not have a child past 30, that is my personal opinion and option. I do believe that after 35 women should really weigh their options. But really who am I to decide when it is to old to have a baby I just know what is to old for me.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well I don't know... I have never though about it in regards to anyone else. I would say 45; I myself wouldn't even think of having one after 35; kids are a lot of work, and they are your life for forever, but I do eventually want some time to explore and do things after they leave the house as well.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2008