Do you think he will apologize?

Black Republicans Demand Obama 'Bus' Apology
Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010 04:17 PM Article Font Size
By: David A. Patten

Black Republican leaders are demanding that President Barack Obama apologize for what they consider a racially insensitive remark that he made on the campaign trail this weekend.

During a campaign swing the president said, "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for a ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Dr. Timothy F. Johnson, the black Republican who heads the Frederick Douglass Foundation, told Newsmax in an e-mail Wednesday that Obama should immediately apologize for the offensive reference to the Jim Crow era.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 2:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, but will it be an honest apology? Probably not.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• IDK. I think it was a poor choice of words / a gaffe. I understand a gaffe to be when a politician accidentally tells the truth. I think even if he apologizes it will be an 'it was taken out of context' sort of apology but that he really does think this way and that's how he intends to proceed. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No he won't apologize. He'll make fun of them (like some people on here are) and dismiss them. He can't admitt to doing anything wrong. It isn't in his character.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• So will white republicans apologize to the black republicans for not supporting them? ~ Sweet

Did the white republicans tell the black republicans they should ride in the back of the bus? Does 'not supporting' someone now equate to a racial slur?

Personally I'm not sure I would accept an apology from him if I were an elected republican ~ even if he got down on bended knee, admitted to being the back door bigot that he is, and chanted "I'm not worthy" until his lips turned blue and fell off. I simply wouldn't believe him because the man lies every time he opens his mouth. It's almost as though he's afraid his face will crack or something if he is truthful (and more likely afraid he'd be impeached by his own party members).

I doubt he'll apologize. I don't even expect him to sit down and pay for a round of near beer for everyone.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Wow Sweet, you and your employer are sure quick on the damage control. But it is to little to late, after Nov. 2 you will be out of a job. Good luck finding a new job in these good Onama-times.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Another "teachable moment" for having acted stupidly!!

Keep it up Obama--you're doing a great job!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• IDK it is coming from a part black man. IDK i think the sooner when can laugh at things like this the less hate we will see! (delilah)

When did PBO suddenly begin to be the "part black man". I thought his white lineage didn't matter. I thought he is the first black president PERIOD! Now, that he has made this gaff, he is a "part black man". So, did his white part say this or his black part? Which side needs to do the apologizing? It is funny how allowances are made for him no matter what he does!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 3:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't think he meant it that way, but I think since people feel badly about it, he should acknowledge the hurt feelings, it was really poorly worded.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• New perspective. Repubs should come out and say thank you. This guy has almost as many gaffes as Biden.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010