My face is very red. What kind of foundation should I get to tone this down?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I definitely agree with the above posts, you need a primer with a green undertone. My favorite is from Smashbox cosmetics. It's a little expensive, but I think it's totally worth it! And don't be alarmed when you see how green it is, ok? It looks clear on your face, you just see a lot less red (plus fewer wrinkles, smaller pores to boot! It's also great for acne scars)
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• A concealor with green tones
    Physicians Formula has one

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• a green base one will tone it down , same thing goes for if your hair is to red -get a green base color.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you are using a liquid foundation, pat it onto your skin. Do not rub. Apply generously & pat.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• These people have the right idea. I agree with them
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I totally agree. I have red hair and have a reddish face. I use the Smashbox primer referred to by KA91 and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and wouldn't use anything else. It is a must have in my cosmetics case! You can go on Ebay and you might find sample packets to try and see if you like it. I gurantee you will!. I've gotten some of them, 10 packets for $8.00, when money was tight. Using them right now as a matter of fact. Good luck!
    NYANGMomLinda

Answer by NYANGMomLinda at 11:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Motives by Loren Ridinger will color match the perfect one for you. I think you would have to contact them and explain your situation and they would some how set you up with a person close to you that can help you. It might be worth looking into though.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• dont know i dont use foundation
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010