How do I tell DH he stinks?

He showers and then is stinky again in no time. Even with deodorant. I am afraid it will effect his job at some point. HOw do I tell him? HE wears deodorant on his under arms and chest plus powders his man parts. What else can he do? He always smells like BO except directly out of the shower.

What the heck section does this go in!!!???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I have that same problem - it's genetic, or so the dermatologist told me. Anyway, this is what my DM instructed me and it helps! He should have better results with the following: When showering use ONLY anti-bacterial shower soap on his body!! Do not get the bar - use the bottle, final overall rinse should be as COLD as he can stand it. It closes the pores. Deodorant MUST be anti-perspirant as well. DO not shower more than every OTHER day if possible!! This is actually making the problem worse! (Remember what I said about closing the pores? If they are "open" more often, they "come out" more often, make sense?) Go to Walgreens or another pharmacy and ask for Hibicleans. It's moist wipes that he can use throughout the day to "freshen up" and they have stuff in them to help fight off BO. I KNOW how embarrassing of a problem this is and here I am telling the world I have it too, but these instructions have saved my life and HTH!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• They are going to come up with a new section for this one lol! maybe consulting a doctor might help, maybe it derives from something he is eating or something. If I were you I would tell him straight out and with finesse!

Answer by older at 2:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would quietly let him know at home. Could he have a medical issue that's causing it? Maybe he's eating something he can't metabolize?

http://www.health911.com/body_odor - this site contains information on causes and some home remedies to reduce BO.

geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If he is already wearing deoderant and powdering his man parts he probably already knows. I would just talk to him about it, I wouldn't say "you stink" though lol. Just explain that you know that it isn't that he is dirty or anything but that he may have a problem and he should talk to his doctor about it. I think you just have to be supportive of helping him find a solution.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Have him get checked. Approach him as a concerned wife and let him know you'd like to go with him to see if there might be an underlying health problem associated with his body odor issue.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Try antiperspirant, not just deoderant.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Is his name Keith? Sounds like my dd's father. He has a high core temp, at least that is what Keith said. It was horrible. And Keith sweat like no other.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Maybe he could dry a different soap, but it might be worth asking a doctor about it, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would have him go to the dr. I have dated two men in past, that had this issue. I just walked away and never looked back. So I guess he realizes the problem. I would hope a dr. can help you guys out. Best of luck to you both.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Have him try clinical strength anti-perspirant.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010