How do I make DD play with TOYS?

she NEVER plays with toys! She gets into stuff. It is a constant thing. A tube of cortisone she took off the counter. The container of butt paste off her shelf, dumping a bag of flour out of the pantry, climbing on the counter to get her tooth brush and tooth paste, getting into the ashes in the fireplace, tearing up the mail form the counter... I wish I was exaggerating bt she literally never plays with toys at home. I redirect and redirect and redirect ALL DAY LONG! If I turn my back she is into trouble and something is EVERYWHERE. She is practically 3 now! she KNOWS she is being 'bad'. I can't ell you how many times she has been corrected and redirected in the past. She plays with toys at everyone else's house! lol. Little trouble maker.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 2:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hmmmm....what else does she have? puzzles...do you take her out allot or somewhere she can burn energy? my DS just started getting into playing with is Little eople toys...he is an excessively active child but for some reason he will make believe with them for up to a half hour at a time..i was shocked...many toys with batteries are not very creative or promote imagination etc...it sound slike she like s to create...does she have an eisel ith crayons, chalk, paint etc?
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Childproof your home.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Am am not locking up everything in my house for a child who is 3! She needs to learn to play with her OWN things. lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Maybe she needs someone to play with? Maybe she needs different toys? Does she have "make believe" kitchen stuff, or taking care of baby stuff or her own mailbox? Maybe if you try to follow what she LIKES to do and find toys to suit what she wants to do it will work? I don't know, just a suggestion.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• lol. wE bought her a kitchen last year. She has babies, potato heads, blocks and play dough. We don't have a ton of toys. She has he brothers stuff to. I can't play with her every waking min. Play dough holds her attention the longest of anything. YOu know 7-8 min! HA!! :0)
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• She has crayons but she still prefers to gnaw on them... or decorate the table, wall or toys. plus she stashes them for later destruction. lol. She plays outside some. I can't let her in our yard, even though it is fenced unattended because it is very wooded so snakes are an issue. WE try to hit the park at least 3 times a week. Plus she play at the baby sitters, including in the yard 2 times a week. so at least 5 times a week she is outside for an hour or more. I wish I could get her out more.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• For her safety and your sanity I would suggest childproofing your home also...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Or (and please don't take this wrong) She just wants more attention from you. Have you had a new baby or made any big changes (like moving and such?)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No nothing new really. Boy don't I know she want my attention. she wants to be on me all the time. If I am home she won't let DH touch her. I mena he can't hold her, comb her hair, changer her diaper. Nothing. lol. she only wants me! Poor Daddy.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Awww..Poor daddy! Maybe it is just a phase that she will grow out of. GL!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010