Was Obama's Daily Show appearance a good or bad idea? and why?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/27/AR2010102709035.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

How do you feel he did (Obama and /or Stewart)?
I have to admit, I don't watch the Daily Show. I don't think it's deserving of an interview of the CiC.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 3:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I 've seen clips and I'm not sure it had any effect at all.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well, considering the liberal bash piece over on the stir, I'm guessing John really pushed some buttons...

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm not bashing him. I just don't think a comedy show is appropriate for CiC. I imagine I would have thought the same about Nixon being on Laugh In (I wasn't alive yet).

This is a different time.  Everything is different this election.  With corporations being able to buy our election, campaigning needs to be different now.  John Stewart was just named #1 most influential man, and young people love this show, so I think it was a good choice.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i don't think it matters to much. i think he knows his future is dim.

not that i don't agree with his ideas because i do believe he had some good one, not all but some. i just think he took the wrong way of going about getting things done.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I find it unsettling that an American president is "doing" the talk show circuit and being interviewed by a comic as a serious interview. John Stewart's whole schtick is to make people look silly. He did his job.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What I have read about it...A bad idea. But I think Obama doing any interviews right before this election is a bad idea...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I watch the Daily Show, and I know a LOT of young adults do. So I have no problem with him going on a show like that to reach a certain target audience whatsoever.

Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Love him and Colbert but didn't catch this

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• NightPhoenix same here i loved it.. Colbert was to funny it was a good then to see..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• 1. I could not believe that he went on The Daily Show, which I LOVE, to me it was unprofessional.
    2. Stewart called it right and Obama acknowledged it (not meaning to) but that his main focus has been HealthCare. Yes, that was his campaign promise, but The Recession was ramping up BIG time in the months prior to his taking office and instead of gently pursuing Health Care reform, which is badly needed, and hitting the economy hard he rested on a stimulus that didn't assist small business and mid size business and he didn't hold the banks accountable to begin lending again. Stewart has called him on this, and I was disappointed that he went on and didn't really accept accountability for it, but still dug into healthcare.
    3. I did vote for Obama, and I don't regret my vote. I just have disappointment in the way the Recession has been handled.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010