How do you make a grilled cheese?

I make mine several ways. One way I taught my almost 10 yr old is to toast her bread in the toaster then stick it on a plate put cheese between the bread and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. I find this safer then her using our gas stove.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sour dough bread, lots of butter, sharp cheddar

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I use a fry pan, and place butter on one side of bread and place it face down in the pan, add cheese, place the next slice of bread on top of chesse, next place butter on top of that. brown on both sides. and serve with soup.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've done it that way before too. It's quick and easy, but the bread doesnt stay crunchy in the microwave. I actually like to use my indoor grill and put lunch meat in it too! Yummy
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• butter both sides, put miracle whip inside, two slices of cheese and cook hot and fast on my iron skillet.

nothing better, except maybe adding deli ham!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I melt the butter first.

LIghtly brush butter on one side of each slice of bread. Then place my cheese ( I prefer a cheddar/pepper jack combo..lol) between the two and then toss onto the Foreman for a couple of minutes..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Why would it be a joke? She's probably curious how others make grilled cheese.

I do the same as colepip2.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I butter the outside pieces of bread and put slices of old cheddar and about 54 slices of bacon in between the slices of bread and heat the sandwich in the george forman grill.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Used to do the frying pan method, but lately have been using the sandwich maker.

2 pieces of chese (extra gooey this way) on white wheat bread, sprayed on each side
    with butter flavor spray, and cooked til toasty. Simple.

Which is good, b/c this is the boys current fave breakfast, and I'm half alseep at the time.
    Hard for me to mess up, lol.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 10:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What you are describing for your daughter is a toasted chees, and that's a good way for her to make it. The way we made it in the restaurant, and the way I now make it at home is to butter one side of two slices of bread. A flat grill pan, sometimes called a pancake grill, that fits over two burners, is good for making several at a time, or making one at a time, use a skillet. Heat the pan first over medium to medium-high heat. lay the pieces of bread (butter down) in the pan. place cheese on each slice of bread. When golden brown on the underside, flip one slice on top of the other and remove from pan with a spatula. Slice corner to corner. Prepared this way, the bread is crunchy on the outside and the cheese is nicely melted, and it isn't squished together and flattened the way it is if you make the sandwich and keep flipping it in the pan to brown both sides.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Is this a joke?
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 3:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010