When I pick a brand of yogurt...what do I need to look for on the label?

what amount of 1)sugar 2)carbs 3)protein 4)calories

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i always just look to see if it's sweetened with aspartame. it usually says it on the front. in that case i don't buy it, its an unhealthy sweetener and the same one they use in diet sodas. yuck. most yogurts have atleast 6g of protein. and i always buy a low calorie, no higher than 90 per 6 oz cup.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Ultimately I go for 0 sugar (or any sweetener) but I like plain yogurt. Under 20g sugar for a 6 ounce yogurt. Make sure you can identify and pronounce everything on the label.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The best yogurt out there is Greek yogurt it's beyond healthy for you! You should really go check it out and compair it to any other yogurt and u will be shocked! I <3 Greek yogurt and it's help a lot with weight loss!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Any flavored yogurt has a TON of sugar in it. (25 grams in a tiny little cup is ALOT) I buy plain yogurt and mix it with a little bit of flavored stuff to cut down on the sugar.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Typically, I go for the light and I watch the carbs. One of our local grocery stores (Kroger) offers their brand of your will low carbs.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I prefer my yoghurt to be the whole milk yoghurt, like yobabies makes. Otherwise I makes sure there are no artificial sweeteners, and try to stay away from the lights. I need the extra protein so that's a plus. It's my main dairy for calcium as I'm lactose sensitive.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Buy greek yogurt and add some fruit, forget the other over sugared fake crap.
    Photodoll

Answer by Photodoll at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010