What's with all the "Christian" haters?

Why is it that people feel they can judge an entire group based on a handful of nuts? Is that really fair? I'm so tired of people complaining that Christians try to shove their beliefs down their throat...not all Christians are like that. Does it make you any better when you turn around and bash others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and do not "preach" like some of the radicals do. The problem the church has they do not know that what needs to be spoken of is His Love. When Jesus walked the earth, He showed love and never shoved things down peoples throats. He gave us a command " Preach the Gospel to the world" What is the gospel? His Love! He is the Perfect Sacrifice , the Perfect Love. It was Love that gave His life for us. Why? Because He loved us. When we as Christians learn to share His Love then people will see Christ in us but if we constantly preach Hell ... how is that Love? Christianity is not supposed to be about religion but about a relationship with Christ ! We need to speak of that as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I AGREE 100%
    Anonymous

• That's how I feel about all the Muslim haters and there sure are a lot of them who just base it on a gorup of nuts.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I don't hate Christians, what I don't like are what you said are those who do push their views on others so fervently. And to nora17 kuddos to you. We see a lot of post about Muslims being put in a negative light. You OP ,are a person who holds true to who you are but you don't feel everyone should be the same. But it is the extremist  with anything that are the problem.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with you but as with any group, a few rotten apples ruins it for everyone else. No one likes being constantly told they are wrong because of something written in the Bible. No one likes being told they are going to hell or are a bad mother because they don't go to the exact same "flavor" of church. Pick a group, any group. You will find nut jobs (aka zealots) ruining it for everyone else.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Christians are people too, lol, I don't hate anyone because I love myself!
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 4:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i dont hate Christians. i myself am not one but that people choose to believe in is their biz. But speaking from experience i have had a lot of Christians try to preach to me. My exboyfriends family were big Christians and every time i would turn around they were tryin to make me go to church or read the bible or something along that line. They would tell me that i need to tell my boss im not workin on sunday just to go to church and when i would tell them i rather not they would tell me to find another job that would let me off on sunday.. also my old boss EVERYDAY would tell me about the bible.. Im sure there r some Christians that dont push it down ur throat.
    I DONT CARE WHAT RELIGION U R IF I DONT BELIEVE THE SAMETHING PLEASE KEEP IT TO URSELF.. ALSO I HAVE HEARD OTHER RELIGIONS PUSHIN THEIR STUFF TOO..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well, Christianity is the majority religion in the States... so naturally people will have more instances of conflicts with Christians. I personally don't hate anyone. I get annoyed at some people - especially those that presume they know me. Just because you were "lost" without Jesus, and on drugs, and sleeping with anyone that came around... doesn't mean everyone is like that. Don't tell me I am just "lost", don't assume you know my mind, don't imply all of the godless people are rapists, murderers and have no morals.. and I am just peachy! My best friend believes strongly in her faith, my neighbor and best friend to my 4 year old - her husband was a minister! My cousin IS a pastor. I love and interact with Christians all the time :) Respect me, I respect you.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Short answer: Your wackos are just louder than the rest of you that are normal--as is the case with ALL groups.

Long answer: Christianity is the only religion that actively feels the need to "spread the Good News" as part of its doctrine. Sure, most Christians aren't like that--but there are more than enough of them that are that they make up for those of you that are silent on the subject...

Really, its no different than the dozens of "ZOMG U wurship Satan", "ZOMG UR going to HELL", "ZOMG, U don't believe in the right Jesus" comments that are on here every time someone isn't Christian or the "right" "kind" of Christian...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 4:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• OT but what does "ZOMG" mean? I see it alot, and have no clue.
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 4:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2008