why is it complications in pregnancy grew when doctors started to interfer with childbirth and now people believe child birth is dangerous?

when doctors came up with all the stuff now to salve the problems they caused and it still don't help because they are still causing birth to be dangerous.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 3:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry ladies but the history of childbirth and hospitals was not very pretty. Childbed fever was rampant in nearly every single hospital in the world. Killing nearly 30% of all women that give birth in them. Does anyone know why? It was because the DOCTORS, were passing along this deadly bacteria to women. In the early stages of medical expansion, no one understood the basics of cleanliness. Hard to imagine, isn't it? That smart college educated men would not hesitate to go from doing an autopsy to a cervical examination without washing their hands! This is exactly the cause of childbed fever. it took many many long years for Doctors to agree they needed to wash their hands between patients.

There are many things that "modern science" has done to harm women and children.

However, I am not condemning hospitals or doctors here. I am teaching you all HISTORY! It is true and it is fact. Just go to your local library and see.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think more women died in childbirth back in the days before doctors and hospitals.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Looks like to me that everyone who was against the opinion of the person who asked this question recieved a "thumbs down" lol...Hmmm wonder who did that?
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would likely have died had doctors not "decided to interfere." So, I resent your question.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Speaking from personal experiences, all 3 of my children were born in the same hospital, different doctors each time. I had either demerol or an epidural with all 3. There were absolutely no complications with the 3 births. All 3 children came out healthy, with near perfect APGAR scores. So, no.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• People believe that childbirth is dangerous because it was removed from sight. In stead of birthing at home surrounded by family, we go to a hospital. For nearly 100 years we have forgotten what birth looks like.
    In the 40s and 50s women were rendered unconscious to give birth. They were strapped down and had a forceps delivery to remove the baby. When they woke, they found themselves separated from their babies for up to 2 weeks. No one was allowed to be in the delivery room except the OB and the Nurse. No one talked about their birth stories because they could not remember any of it.

We have been keep in the dark about birth for generations now. What we don't know, we fear.

Inherently, birth is safe and there is some wonderful technology and research that has made pregnancy and childbirth safer. Today, thanks to medical science, 90% of women can have a low risk pregnancy and a safe homebirth.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Exactly what I was thinking ProudMommyOH3!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i also resent this question. doctors do everything they can. these days u can run so many tests that save u and ur baby, if they dont interfere u can die, or have a stillbirth like they used to back in the day...ALOT.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Child birth was very dangerous before medical technology was invented to help stop some of the risks. It was actually one of the leading causes of womens deaths back then. In other countries that do not have the technology we do in the States child birth is still on of the leading causes of death unfortuently.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This is just an absurd question, I'm sorry but you should have looked into it a bit first. Childbirth was the leading cause or death for women before doctors became involved.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010