What do you guys thing of mormons? no offense, just want to see.

they confuse me, correct me if i'm wrong but i think there is too much banned from their religion, i'm referring to the ones that get married very young, like 50 girls to one man and live in utah i think it was. with the hundred kids and no one is allowed to live or have any contact with the outside "evil" world. what kind of religion bans you from seeking knowledge and being curious??

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up Mormon and I live in a Mormon state. When I was 12 I was kicked out for something stupid and I became Atheist. They kicked me out for questioning if god was real and they said I was having sex and when I said I wasnt they called me I liar and said I was welcomed back at the church. Mormons are the most judgmental hateful people I have ever met. Sure there are some great Mormons, hell some of my friends are Mormons. But most of them are just right out mean. I believe the Mormon religion is more of a cult.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• FYI The morons are polygamist!!! Mormons are LDS. The Polygamist are FLDS. BIG difference. You need to do your proper research instead of assume.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Most Mormons I've met seem to be pleasant people. As for their beliefs, I completely disagree with most of what they believe. However, I will not jugde a Mormon simply because they are Mormon just like I don't judge Athiests, Agnostics, Pagans, etc. I disagree with their religion/lack of religion, but people are people. Heck, I even worked with a Satanist who was one of the most pleasant people I've met. I will however, point out what the Bible says and what I believe and that is always directed at the "religion" or "belief" not the person believing it.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• On the surface, for publicity and those who d not know much about Mormoms. it all looks so good. Family,etc. which is nice. But, they control members and kick them out of the church too easily. I know--my brother and his family are Mormons. There are some very hidden secrets there and they aren't good. But millions have been fooled. Millions love it.
    SO---if any Mormons read this---sorry, enjoy your church,but I would never join.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Those you describe aren't LDS aka "Mormons" they are FLDS and are not part of the LDS church.

LDS don't bother me, they seem like nice people. Do I agree with all their teachings? No, but I don't think that makes them bad people.

Amlinich

Answer by Amlinich at 3:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• LDS~Latter DAy SAints

FLDS~Fundamentalist Latter DAy Saints. They broke away from the main branch of the church years ago because they felt the church was going in a different direction from its original path...the path Joseph Smith and Brigham Young taught about(at least that is part of it).

They are called Mormons but the true, full name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...LDS for short and Mormon is a nickname given to them because of the Book of Mormon.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with mormons or anyone for that matter. Just stop coming around trying to convert me.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've studied Mormonism quite extensively, and personally, I think their religion contradicts itself way too much. I also think they resemble a cult in many ways. Try reading books written on true accounts of people who have tried to leave the Mormon church and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying that I have anything against Mormons personally, I've known a lot of Mormons and many were really nice people...but I do not agree with their religion at all. But...to each their own!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I live in Utah, I am not Mormon but my MIL is and she is he sweetest woman i have ever met.
    The Mormons that you are talking about are FLDS not LDS and they are polygamists they are not only in Utah but Colorado as well Who knows they can be anywhere.

I think all religion is strange, because I am a facts person and I will believe it when I see it.
    I don't think you should judge a person by religion though.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 3:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I was born and raised in the church even serving a mission.

As has been said...FLDS are the ones who live a polygamist lifestyle not the main church.

As with all churches there are good and bad and there are hidden things that even a good chunk of members know nothing about. However, even tho Im no longer a member, I find them to be just people believing in something that gives them hope and guidance(even if it seems extreme control to some).

To each their own!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010