What could this be? (sorry I don't have insurance or money to go to the doctor at the moment)

I have a bump on the bottom of my rib cage on the right side of my back. It has been there for a few days and just yesterday started to hurt. It is about the size of a newborn fist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• Try http://www.webmd.com/ and see if you can find any info there...

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• bump? like a lump under the skin? or a blister on the surface?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Try WebMD symptom checker it can help you narrow down what it could possibly be and if you need to go see a doctor.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Like someone else asked, is it like a red boil on the surface or is it under the skin like a lump? You may have been bit by a spider if it is on the surface or could be a boil. Either way, with something that size, you should see a Doctor.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• OP HERE

The bump feels like it is on my bottom rib. I know it is inside of me and not on the outside.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• if you are in an urban area you should have clinics that charge only sliding scale based on your income and are sometimes even completely free if you qualify. google "free medical clinics in ____________." get that bumped looked at. it could be serious.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It is probably a cyst.

Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sounds like you might have pushed one of those lower floater ribs out of place.
    This is pretty common and Chiropractic adjustment of the ribs and thoracic vertebrae usually resolves it pretty fast!
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 8:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• what about going to the health dept? they usually will let you see a doc & base the pay on how much income you have
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010