Is it rude to ask parents to drop off their child for a birthday party?

I am thinking of having my daughter which will be 5 a princess party with one of the princesses coming to the house and doing face paint, dancing, pictures etc. I would probably be inviting 10-15 girls and was thinking it would be better and roomier if the parents did not attend. Is that rude? Could I just put something on the invite about dropping the girls off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• "Please make arrangements for pickup by ____:00. Thank you!"
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You could write something about an adult will be at the driveway for easy pick up and drop off.
    5 is an age where some parents stay and some don't and thats hard on the person throwing the party. Don't miss out on a kid coming if a parent is upset by the drop off idea but do explain why to anyone who questions it.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No it's not. They might enjoy a couple hours of "me" time.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This is not the way it is done today. And I would not want to drop off my LO with someone I did not know very well. If you have 10 to 15 girls who is going to supervise?
    When my adult children were little, kids were dropped off at parties and picked up at a specified time. Now kids parties are attended by kids and parents.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Most parents are more than happy to have a couple of hours to themselves :) But if one of the kids is a bit shy & wants their parent there, you need to accomodate that . When my dau was 5, 1 of her friend's mom stayed. The extrat help may be useful too! Sounds like a fun party. Have fun. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to drop my kid off at a party! your doing the parent a favor IMO haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You should address the invitation to the person(s) you want to attend. It would be rude for anyone to stay if their name was not on the invitation. You could, however, put something like.........

Drop your fairy princess at the castle at 1:00 pm
    Her majesty may be picked up at 3:00 pm

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I dont think its rude but I will be honest my kid goes no where I am not at least invited Just doesnt sit right with me Kwim
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't think it's rude, but don't be surprised if some don't show--or a few parents decide to stick around....I stll stay with mine...
    momma428

Answer by momma428 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• TO be honest I wouldn't drop my 5 year old off anywhere. I would simply not attend if that was the case. I would be very uncomfortable with that especially if this was a class mate who's house I have never been to. I would say on the invite: Parents are welcome to Parents dropping off need to pick up by ______. If nothing else a few may stay for a little while then slip off once they are comfortable.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010