Did a membrane sweep do anything for you?

:) Just had one today...not expecting anything to happen but you never know. I'm between 3-4cm dilated and 70% effaced. (37 weeks 2 days) ..praying for successful VBAC!!

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 3:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it done with my second at 37 weeks i was 2cm and 70% and i had contractions all that night and the next day that got harder and closer into the night had her at 117 the next day so yes it worked for me. i think it is up in the air for lot of women i dont think it will work unless you are ready to go.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 4:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• They did this with our last baby two days before his due date. I was 1 cm and 80% thineed. I had him the day after his due date :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 3:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i only had it done with my middle and no, it didn't work for me :( good luck though!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had membrane sweep, walked a whole lot and did tons of nipple stimulation. Nothing really progressed labor as much as breaking my water did. I was free to walk around, contined the nipple stimulation and about 4 hrs after they broke my water, I had my daughter. Good luck!
    ANGIE613

Answer by ANGIE613 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Are you planning on doing this as a way to "induce" your labor early?

It got me a nasty infection. Both baby and I had to say in the hospital for 5 days after birth.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• roadfamily - my doctor suggested it as he does not like to induce VBAC's other ways (pitocin/other drugs) and I am 100% ok with that. But since I have made such progress he's going to induce me anyway, but thought this wouldn't hurt to try.
    mamie2shoes

Comment by mamie2shoes (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010