hypothetical- renting books

if you were to rent books online -because say you lived to far from a library or worked odd hours and so could not go like you wanted too.. and/or your children needed a certain book etc. can you tell me how would you like it to go?
book packages ranging from 4 books at a time to 12 books and various packages between.
obviously late fees suck and bypassing them would be a plus.
how much would you be willing to pay per package?
any other fee back

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 4:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in

• I would think the shipping would be outrageous. I'd be more likely to use the library on my days off.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• what the thought would be would be like netflix -prepaid packaging - very minimal costs
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My husband LOVES Chegg for his college books. He gets to keep them a long time, plus they provide the box and mailing label to send it back. They even let him exchange when he got the wrong book. They rock! Maybe you can check out their stuff to get an idea.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 10:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't. The book renting program my college has is horrible. Cheaper to buy the book and sell it on ebay when the semester is over.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• the cost of shipping books can't be compared to the cost of mailing DVDs, which probably cost no more than letter rate.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010