My 4 month old daughter seems to have seperation anxiety it seems like whenever I leave her with my mom or anyone else other then my husband she freaks out and screams and cries until she falls asleep. How can I help break this so I am not the only one she wants. Don't get me wrong I love that she loves being with me but it seems like I can't put her down or hand her to anyone else....Help!?!?! Please

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like she is spoiled its normal for a child to do this just let her cry she well learn your coming back
    Anonymous

• babies at this age dont know that when things disappear they come back. she thinks you are leaving forever and not going to come back. with time she will learn that if you leave you will be back to get her. i know it is hard to leave your baby when she is crying. i have the same trouble when i have to leave my son.
    lilbabie85

Answer by lilbabie85 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My youngest son went through a stage when he was about a year old where he would scream bloody murder every time we left him in the church nursery. It was hard, believe me, but I had to get tough and leave him back there because if I gave into him even once, he would just learn that all he had to do was pitch a fit and I'd come running. It took a few months of being strong but eventually he got to where he LOVED going to the nursery and would run in there so he could play. Just be strong and she'll be fine. I've dealt with enough screaming babies and toddlers in the church nursery to know.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well I compeletly understand what your saying....it's just I was the kind of mom that I didn't mind my children clinging to me. It was hard for me to even let anyone have her or hold her, my mom didn't get to keep my first one over night until she was 6 months old, I was that clingy to my baby...(if you really knew me and my life you would totally understand) but don't feel bad and having that frustration that you can't let anyone else hold because she only wants you...it's totally normal right now. Your her life, her love, everything to her and I know if I were a baby I wouldn't want my mom out of sight....which I was that way..haha....Like the Mom said above (ANON 1st) your baby will learn to know that you are coming back.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You could try a few times while your Mom or anyone else is there with you, give the baby to them and leave the room and come back...do that a few times and keeping doing it whenever you can....she will eventually get used to others and know that MOMMMY IS COMING BACK. Good luck, sweetie!!!
    stayhomemom22

• My apologies to if calling you sweetie was out of line!!! Sometimes, I forget who I am talking to....To the other moms above my posts, didn't mean to offend you either saying that only mom ANON 1st was right and you weren't acknowledged....she was just the only one who commented before me then I sent my post in and you all were before me.....All of you are right about in time the baby will know mom is coming back!! Have a great day!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My girl does the same thing and she's 9 mths. THere's no cure at least not what i've tried. Good luck!
    MommaoflittleZ

Answer by MommaoflittleZ at 4:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• im goin threw the same thing!!!
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 5:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I am going through the same too @ 4mo. I told my so that he needs to spend more time with her to learn her ques? She is a very picky baby compared to my others, she doesnt nap during the day either, never has. So I just remember that this to shall pass even though it sucks.
    Anonymous