Is it normal to get grey hair at 26

I feel very superficial asking but to be honest I am a bit distressed to start finding not only one but several grey hairs. Honestly I thought one didn't start going grey till much older. So my question is, it is I am just getting old or could this be some kind of sign of stress, or health problem?

Taylor82

Asked by Taylor82 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• I don't think its a health problem. I think some people just start getting grey hairs earlier than others. I knew a woman that was about 30 years old and had almost a full head of grey hair...and it wasn't a health problem. Try not to stress about it. And if you are really that concerned about it you can always call your doctor.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 3:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My husband was 25 when I met him and already had a bunch of gray hair. I think most of it is just genetics.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i started getting grey hair at 17... im 21 now and i probably have a hand full of greys!
    Anonymous

• I'm 21 and I have grey hairs. My hair is just really light so you can't see them unless you get really close. I've had them for at least 2 1/2 years because that's when my SO started commenting on it. No biggy though.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 4:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My husband has a few and he just turned 28.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I guess it's hereditary though, my husband's dad and mom have a lot of gray hair, had it in their 40s, and my mom is 52 without a single gray hair. Her mom didn't start getting them till she was in her 60s.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i am 36yrs old and been dealing with gray since the age of 18 so i don't think it is anything to worry about. i thinki it is mostly gene related.
    Carolynpritts

Answer by Carolynpritts at 5:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I started getting gray hair when I was 13. I'm 38 now, and almost 3/4 gray. It looks highlighted, so I'm not going to color it. It was hereditary for me.
    wmjsease

Answer by wmjsease at 7:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I use to pull out white hairs when I was around 15. My fiance has tons of white hairs in his beard that I pull out with tweezers a lot & he's 28, 26 when we met.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Hell, I am 28 and have had tons of it for years. Lucky us!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008