How 'bout this, is this okay?

The man hasn't been charged or convicted (yet), so I guess some of you would argue this is okay, but seriously... WTF? Obviously Rand Paul doesn't mind employing thugs.

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 4:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Se was trying to hold up a sign to him. The people that wrestled her to the ground knew what she was trying to do. She had been there for two weeks doing satire for republicorp. They knew who she was and knew what her intentions were. They should be charged with assault.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yeah, that's not good. It goes along with the violence of his supporters The Tea Party.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Be warned her link puts your signature on a petition to prosecute the guy. I clicked on it and was told "thank you"
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think the guy was disgusting and stupid. Pretty normal for a political campaign, unfortunately.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm not defending his actions, however I wasn't there and don't know how it all went down. Since there is a warning about your link I'm not going to click it but the one I saw yesterday only showed after she tried to approach him when the wrestling had already started. It's possible that they thought she had a weapon, I just don't know. Either way, it's not a smart idea to try to approach any high profile person that way. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Actually, no, it doesn't, sopranomommy. The link takes you to the page I got AFTER I signed, my apologies. Unless you fill out your name and address, you are not signing the petition. But here's another link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20020888-503544.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What I saw on TV the guy is a big guy. He was definitely wrong for putting his hands her regardless of how provoked he was. Moveon,org is known for pushing people's buttons but it doesn't justify anything.

THis is not what the Tea Party represents nor are his actions condoned or encouraged. We want to make changes in the ballot box not beat down those we disagree with.

The original link caught me off guard. Since I hadn't read anything on it yet I wasn't willing to sign any petitions for either side.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Again, I apologize, sopranomommy, but the link does NOT mean you signed anything, trust me. However, QuinnMae, I posted a second link if you would like to read. It also has a video that CLEARLY shows this was unprovoked. And now he's asking for an apology from the victim, that's just classic...
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have to admit that is a bit off the wall. I beat you down but you owe me an apology.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010