heres a tricky one: can i get pregnant right after my period even though sex took place before it? adult content

if my hubby and i tried for a baby, then my period started the next day ....... since sperm can live up to 5 days, and most of the time ovulation is the week following menstruation...... is it possible that the sperm lasted through it and possibly fertilized an egg through/or during/or right after menstruation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Doubt it since when you have your period you shed the lining of your uterus.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That would be a no, mainly due to the changes in pH during menstruation that create an environment unfavorable to sperm motility. Ovulation is usually two weeks after the first day of the menstrual period.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• impossible, not totally impossible

very unlikely however
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• actually yes you can. thats how i got pregnant.. well i had sex a couple days before my period. still had my period but it was really light and suprise!! i was pregnant. and iwas totally not trying to either lol
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This isn't really a tricky question. Anytime you have unprotected sex there is a chance you could be pregnant.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Your chances are so low, I'd feel very confident saying NO!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010