wouldn't you be pissed too?

so the other night i noticed my 22mo. old daughter having retractions. it was 10:30 at night and my other 2 kids were sound asleep, but i knew i had to do something. so i called my MIL who lives 5 minutes away and texted her and no answer. i wasn't in a huge rush yet though, i was waiting for her on-call doctor to get back to me to see what she recommended. so i gave her half an hour and i called again. she told me she was going to send my SIL over. my SIL GAVE custody of her 2 yo to her ex-husband because she chose partying and whoring over her kid. so why the hell would i want that slob with my kids alone? i knew i'd get admitted to the ER and she wouldn't have handled them right in the morning. so my mom, who lives 30 minutes away, has really high BP and was just diagnosed with a heart defect had to come over because my lazy ass MIL wouldnt come over to just SLEEP since it was late and that's what my other kids were doing!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, but I've learned not to depend on my in-laws for anything. It sounds like yours are a lot like mine. At least your mom is close enough to come and stay with the other kiddos. My mom is 6 hours away.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• can pick your friends, can pick your seat at the theater, can even pick your nose
    but can NOT pick your family

yes, i would think MIL was a lazy version of the druggie SIL
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• MIL dont care about you guys , write her off
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• retracting is when you can see the belly pulling in when a child is in respiratory distress
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• things are what they are. let it go. What would you do if you did not have any family near by.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I sympathize and yes, I'd be pissed too.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• anyway, im suppose to be going out of town for 2 days and im terrified to leave her. i cant place the burden on my mom who might get fired if she misses work again and i cant trust my MIL with her either. but she said "i didnt have time to blink before you told me your mom was coming over." yea f*cking right i gave her thirty minutes! i was frantic as hell because my daughter was RETRACTING. she's such an idiot! and of course my hubby just makes excuses for her.... he was at work that night btw.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• exactly, what would i have done without my family nearby? i would have had to wake up my other kids and drag them to the er. and where would they have stayed when she got admitted? i am lucky to have my mom. but i wish the burdens didn't all fall on her. they are my mil's grandkids, too.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yea id be pissed too, but at least you had at alternative person other than ur sil
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Of course they are your MIL's grand kids too, but obviously she doesn't give a crap about that, so don't count on her to help you. You need to find some friends that can help you out if you need it. If it was me I would wake up the other kids and take them all with me to the ER.

BTW... what is retracting?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010