Do you think certain issues are brought up on news channels to fit a political agenda for their political party?

I've been thinking about the bullied, suicide victims stories lately and thinking...this has been going probably a lot longer and has probably been a lot worse than the news is shining a light on for. Why are they bringing this up now? Not saying those victims don't deserve justice and peace any less than the previous victims, I just wonder, after all these years, why is it suddenly coming into the spotlight?

Then when they go to the election coverage, I see why. It works to their political party's advantage. Atleast that's what I think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing a politican does anymore would surprise me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• of course.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sure. Except it is easier to bully now with the Internet and with the lack of parenting in the USA...that s why there IS an increase in bullying.
    BUT Cable News DOES pick and chose what they put on their programs according to their own agendas. And then they spin it to make it reflect and advance their agendas,too.That is why I don't watch Cable News networks.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My view.. Yes.

We do not watch "tv", no cable/satelite, no hdtv, no converter. What we watch is streamed or on dvd. And it has been this way for a few years. 2 weeks ago we stayed in a hotel for the weekend. And we watched "TV". When we turned on the "news" channels, we were amazed at how much of it 1) was not real news..and..2) what types of things are added in that change the meaning/perception/feel of a news story.

1) More programs were opinion programs.. Not actual news programs. Lots of things that were being put out as "news" really weren't news worthy, just stuff to fill in a 24/7 news cycle.,
    2) The graphics that were used, the sounds, even the demeanor of the pundit seemed to affect the "feel" /meaning of a story. That it seemed like a 2 second soundbyte was picked, then graphics, sounds and the pundits personal opinions were all added, and wallaaahhh "news" story.

It was really an eye opening experience
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would also like to add this.

Not one channel was any more "guilty" of it than another..

They all did the same things.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Not so much the story, but HOW it is reported...liberal versus conservative slant, along with the omission or inclusion of certain key details!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• look at the muslim center and ground zero issue..

doesn't matter that they were actually moving their center further from the site, or where the money came from..

to the majority it was a race issue, and disgusting to watch people fight over it. It was overly publicized for political reasons.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010