How can I get my daughter to potty train..?!

She is taking off her diaper even when she tinkles a little.. she tells me she is poopy , she tells me she is potty . She has gone in the toilet some what but not constant. The first day she did so well and not 1 accident. The next day she was peeing her underware and then she took her panties off and pooped on my carpet in my room.. HELP!!!

c-conn

Asked by c-conn at 4:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, the way we did my granddaughter was to get those "Can-Do" wipes, and let her help pick them out. We told her they were only for big girls, who went potty in the toilet,and they weren't baby wipes! She was so excited to use them, we had her trained in no time. Just a suggestion. Hope it goes well for you.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 4:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Ok I will try that . Will wipes work cause I have a ton of them that I cannot return...?
    c-conn

Comment by c-conn (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Meaning diaper wipes like huggies and pampers lol...
    c-conn

Comment by c-conn (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yeah, they will, just put them, maybe in a different package, so she can't see they are baby wipes. That was the key with Jaycie, we had to make her think she was doing something different than a baby. Best wishes.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 4:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Potty training is a process. I would let her go bare butt and reward her every time she goes in the potty (we did 1 m&m each time) She gets the whole putting in part down, then add the wiping part (if she isn't already). With my 2.5 yo after we moved we had to re-enstate the M&M's then until she had it down again, about a month. I started only giving her 1 every other time and so on till she quite asking for Chocolate. We even taught her, her colors using M&M's while potty training, she knows every color of an M&M.

SO in short expect messes and accidents, try gerber training pants. I would avoid the pull up I feel they only delay the training. Know were each potty is at ever place, have her try before you leave the house. She has to learn this in her own time, don't pressure her.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I want to pressure her a little since today she was taking a "poopy" in her hand and showed it to me as I was trying to rush out to a movie. I have tried panties but still to no avail.. and caught her a few days ago in the buff and she peed on my bed!!! *ERRGGGGGGGGGGG*!!! I still don't know what to do.. any more sug? PLEASE!!!
    c-conn

Comment by c-conn (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010