If you believe Satan is real...

If you believe Satan is real, this question is for you:
Could Satan ever repent and be forgiven? I mean, God is all loving and all forgiving, right? So, if Satan changed his ways and repented, would he be forgiven? Or is it different because he is a "fallen angel" and not a human like us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think Satan will never want to be good or want forgivingness...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think ink-freak is right on that one.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree with ink. But God gave his angels as well as man the gift of choice so I suppose if he asked for forgiveness he would be forgiven. But as Satan being the ruler of Hell is part of the whole end of the world/Apocalypse prediction, I'm thinking it won't come up. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Gotta agree with what the previous posts say. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 5:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think that this is why many people do not believe in Satan - or the God of Christianity - there is no logical conclusion. It makes no sense.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Satan has committed the unforgivable sin ... blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, Satan doesn't have the ability to "change his ways." The only way for anyone to "change their ways" is by the grace of God, and God has withdrawn his grace from Lucifer.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Agree with Gal. Angels are not human and cannot receive forgiveness, they make their choice and stick with it.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 6:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No, I don't believe he's real.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No He cannot ever be forgiven... Angels are different than humans.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Good question! My little boy believes he can and will....came up with that one when he was around 4......
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010