Life After Mirena

Hi everybody. It's been about a week since I've had my Mirena IUD removed and I still haven't had a period. Not even spotting. Has anyone else experienced this? I also still have pretty cloudy thinking, and some cramping. I do seem to have more energy and a sex drive then I've had in years.

I would love to here the experiences, problems, issues other women have had with the Mirena and once it's been removed.

Thanks All.

momneedstimeout

Asked by momneedstimeout at 4:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• Once i had mine out, I got my period back in two days. And then it was normal, every 28 days from there on out. It took me about a week or two to feel better, no more extreme mood changes, sex drive came back, I just felt better. The only thing that didn't go away was all the weight I gained while on the Mirena...and it took me forever to get pregnant!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Mine fell into my cervix wall and penetrated it about two weeks after I had it put in! Talk about pain! I will never recommend a mirena to anyone I know! Then my midwife asked me do you want one put back in! WTH of course I don't! lol...
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010