Is it normal if my bresatmilk does not look the same when I pump it?

Im not sure if its something I ate or drank but my milk did not appear white and thick it was slightly tinted and almost watery looking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Totally normal.
    You hive "foremilk" which is watery and thirst quenching, and then the more rich "hindmilk". when you pump you'll also notice all kinds of weird colors based on what you ate- its kinda funny sometimes, mine came out pink once after I ate a bunch of beets, and orange another time after a lot of sweet potatoes and carrots.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• *have
    ObbyDobbie

• Omg!!! Thanks I was so worried!
    MissM11

Answer by MissM11 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Breast milk is not like cows milk. It is thin and watery looking for most women
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• very normal. you'll notice the smell also changes depending on what you eat and what time of day you pump.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That's very normal. It can be thin and bluish looking depending on when you are pumping it and how often. When I was working and pumping during my break, my milk would be very watery at first because I was not feeding my daughter. I guess it looked like a watered down skim milk until the good milk would come out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010