Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Custody/child support

I got a ppo on my sons dad in may 2010 for hitting me and threatning to kill me, i just wanted to know how would i go about making sure that he gets what he deserves because he is always threatning me that he will take my son away i need to get a legal documatation where he cant i dont know how to do that because i have not much money does anyone have any idea what i can do i have to meet with a proscuting attorney for child support can i ask him?

Answer Question

Asked by nitamae86 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 6 (116 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • How and what does it state about child arrangements in the order?? You will probably have to go to a mediator and they tend to offer half and half. Well, that has been the experience here for battered women in Glenn County CA despite abuse the kids are allowed time alone with their Dads Good Luck!!!

    Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • see you qualify for legal aid. you need a lawyer.

    Answer by rfurlongg at 5:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • You can get a support order on him I am sure. There is a formula they go by to determine the amount you get. It varies by state. I wouldnt be worried about him getting custody of your child. That's unlikely considering he has abused you in the past.

    Answer by lisa89j at 5:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • I was in the same exact position a few months ago..if he was arrested for domestic violence against you and especially if he plead guilty then you get custody. I got full custody for my son..and we're going back to court for a progress report on to see if he has attended all his classes and been keeping up with his probation officer..if he has done everything he was suppose to then he will get SUPERVISED visitation. Child support is a whole different issue here in Ca..which i had to go file for at the office

    Answer by youngmm at 7:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.