What is a work at home site?

I keep seeing people ask this over and over. Are they talking about those "get rich scheme" ads? I am assuming it's someone trying to sell an eBook or something, but I've never heard of a work at home site. I know there are job boards, such as Indeed and Craigslist. I'm asking because it's confusing on what they are asking for. I know there are jobs available called telecommuting jobs and such, but never heard of a site that pays you just for being on it.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Lots of ladies come here asking for a work at home JOB, where they have an employeer do something on the computer and get a paycheck at the end of the week. These aren't really there as much as they think.....well if they were easy to find they would be finding them on their home. Most that have a JOB at home do so with a company they've worked for for years.

In all honesty for a SAHM who needs to earn some cash, whether it's to help with bills or for Christmas shopping go with a direct sales company or sell items your family has outgrown on craigslist and ebay...then buy things with a little bit of the money at thrift stores and keep selling. I've done that for years and when I list regularly I earn money regularly
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I work from home full-time as a computer programmer but I used to work in an office for the same company before they decided to save money on office space and sent us all to work from home. You can still find some work from home jobs that don't involve selling, but you need to have a bachelor's degree at least. My friend is also working from home after having two babies, she types up court registrations on her computer. She was a lawyer before the babies came.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 6:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oh there are site that do just that. But you have to put in a LOT of hours and you get little in return! I started a Home Business. Which is something anyone can do and it is one of the best choices I have ever made! ChaCha, survey sites, Hits4Pay and a few others pay you for use but it is very little and in my opinion not worth it! Good luck in your search!
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I finally found a home based business that I love. I can help people save money by getting cash back for shopping online and getting commissions for any travel booked. Best of all i can offer a website that is of no cost. I feel good about this company because I am not asking people to buy anything. I am just showing them how to stretch their dollar with the same everyday shopping and yearly travel that they currently do. Take a look at www.zamzuufreeagent.com/872799. I am always looking for additional free agents for my team. Again completely free.
    jforeman12

Answer by jforeman12 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010