Has the flu shot worked for your child?

My 5 yr old son got the flu shot for the first time today, it was given free at his school, by the nose though. So I was wondering if its really helped your child from not getting sick because I've seen children that still get a cold even if they get the shot. Is it really to prevent the flu or just so you won't get it that strong? I forgot to ask the nurse that.

kimaam

Asked by kimaam at 5:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• A cold is completely different from the flu. Flu is very serious, and can be fatal. The vaccine won't prevent colds.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My daughter gets it. She's never had the flu.ALSO it's for respiratory flu and H1N1, not stomach flu.

Nothing protects the common cold.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Flu vaccines don't work, they are dangerous and they are scam. Educate yourself, don't go with the herd.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029586_Australia_vaccines.html

glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 5:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Also, nothing bad has ever happened to my daughter. I thought I'd throw that in there. Also, I get it-almost 26 years. I'm still okay.

People have reactions to EVERYTHING. Vaccines are no different. It's like saying you might die from open heart surgery.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• my oldest gets them every year.. she has never gotten the flu, but she does get runny noses that's about the worst of it.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Everyone in my family gets flu shots, no issues with any of us. 2,5,and 31 yo
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• And I think it helps.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My fifteen year old has never had a flu shot. We focus on prevention and wellness, and avoid toxins.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My son has never gotten the flu thank God and this is his first time he gets the vaccine but I agreed for him to get the vaccine because I know theres alot of children that go with the flu to school, and I don't want for him to get it! It was extremely rare when he would get a cold, he barely started getting a cold when he started school cause of the other students going all sick to class:/
    kimaam

Comment by kimaam (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The most commonly used flu drug Tamiflu (through the nose) comes with a laundry list of potential dangers, from blackouts to brain infections, to neuropsychiatric events, and death.

Please dont just take the nurses, Drs. and medias word for it, everyone should educate themselves and weigh the risks to the benefits. Because the flu mutates and is different every year, they have no way of knowing which strain will present each year. Therefore, they have no way of giving the right flu vaccine for that year. They cause more harm than good. You can prevent and take care of yourself through eating a healthy diet and supplementation. My suggestions are eat 7 to 13 servings of fresh fruits and veggies per day, take Juice Plus (17 fruits and veggies in a capsule or gummy, kids get it for free only costs $ .70 per day), 2000 to 6000 IU's per day $9.99 for 900 drops per bottle at www.vitacost.com, and a good quality probiotic.
    enjoyinghealth

Answer by enjoyinghealth at 11:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010