Upper respiratory infection

My 9 1/2 month old has an upper respiratory infection.His fever is finally gone after almost 2 days and I have been having him sleep in his car seat and drink his bottles in it so he wont have as much trouble breathing. Anyone have any ideas on what i can do to just help make him feel better?

LadyUsagi

Asked by LadyUsagi at 4:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vaporizer for humidity.. he can have a little baby vicks rubbed on him. Did the Dr. prescribe a beathing treatment for him? Also he can have some saline nose drops and then suction out his nose...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• has he gotten the flu shot, if not ask his pedi you were recommended in asking about a synogen shot... If he needs it, it will do wonders and u'll never have to worry again.
    Anonymous

• No breathing treatments, but he told us to follow up with a doc after about a week because it might lead to an inner ear infection.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 4:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No flu shot yet, not until the 10th if he's better by then. Whats a synogen shot?
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 4:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I swear by Little Noses, it's just saline drops in a bottle made for little noses. Put a couple drops in each nostril and have tissues ready!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Just keep him elevated an his nose cleaned out. My daughter, her first winter was horrible. She had several upper respiratory infections, RSV, Bronchitis. Synagis is a monthly injection shot, mainly it is given to preemies an babies with chronic respiratory problems. My daughter got them her first 2 winters due to her being born at 26 weeks. Its to help prevent them from getting sick so bad an often. Little help it did me though. Between my Angels first 2 winters she was hospitalized 6 times, needing oxygen an iv fluids.
    Make him as comfortable as you can, suction his nose an that's about all you can do.
    Good Luck
    pudinangel

Answer by pudinangel at 6:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Aw I'm so sorry to hear about your poor baby. Respiratory infections are NO FUN! My little girl had them all the time....
    You know what REALLY helped A LOT? I quit using bleach around her (and other harmful cleaning products). That stuff can REALLY bother and trigger a Respiratory problem in a child.
    Have you considered changing cleaning products? Maybe to something less harsh, and safer to be around your children.... Visit my journal post on my home page and it can tell you more.
    I'm not trying to sell you something, because I have been there, done that and I know how it is, and these products can REALLY make a huge diffrence.
    Jabrw0ke

Answer by Jabrw0ke at 9:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009