Can anyone suggest a great book to read?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• What genre are you looking for?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Diana Gabaldon's outlander series is really good if you like romance mixed with adventure and a bit of time travel.
    BaileynMe

Answer by BaileynMe at 6:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sarah's Key, but it is heartbreaking. A lighter choice- Lonesome Dove- it was really, really good ( Larry McMurtry also wrote Terms of endearment)
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I like mostly everything, from Mystery to Romance, maybe Comedy. I really enjoyed Confessions of a Shopaholic which was so funny. (Something that I can easily read as a busy mom- I often have to put it down and return later, so nothing super complex)
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you like Romance books I suggest anything by Debbie Macomber. I just read "Perfect Christmas" and I really enjoyed it though romance is not normally my preferred genre

I absolutely loved "The Lovely Bones" but it is a bit sad.

I really got into the Twilight Saga, even though it is considered a young adult book. I thought it was well written and a really good, entertaining story.

Along the lines of horror, I thoroughly enjoy the older Stephen King novels. Salem's Lot and Pet Cemetary were my favorites.

Hope that gives you some sort of help :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• REDEEMING LOVE by Francine Rivers. Also THE ATONEMENT CHILD by the same author.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Francine Rivers does write good books. The shopaholic series are easy reads. Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr's Virgin River or Grace Vally series are good and engrossing. The Sookie Stackhouse series is pretty good. Diane Chamberlain writes good books. Same with Jodi Picoult or some Barbara Delinsky. And, I will always recommend JR Ward because I am in love with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• 90 Minutes in Heaven is a true story that you will want to read all the way through.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'm not too far into yet, but so far it's pretty good.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sam's Letter's To Jennifer and Suzanne;s Diary for Nicholas,Sunday's at Tiffanys -All by James Patterson keep tissues nearby they are tearjerkers.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010