how do you control weight gain during 3rd trimester? any tips?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol! i gained 60 pounds! but eat right and work out if u can. ur pregnant u should be big!! i looked like a whale!!lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Why? Eat well and you'll gain the amount that you and the baby need.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 6:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Seriously? This is the trimester that your baby is packing on the pounds (so you will to). Worry about having a healthy baby and less on your vanity. Once the baby is born THEN worry about your weight.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sorry, I can't help you with that one...I was TRYING to pack on the pounds during my 3rd trimester. I ate well and PLENTY, but baby wasn't gaining enough weight. I had to drink protein shakes to try to add some weight. I don't recommend losing weight, but I can understand your concern with not wanting to pack on 30 lbs in your last trimester. Just eat right and go for walks. It's good for both you and baby.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Walk if you can, but not too much. Gravity does it's own thing on labor. You really can't control your weight when pregnant, you'll either gain it or you won't. Just stick to a healthy diet, and be sure to take your prenatals.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010