my Son is scaired to be in his first halloween costume how can I make this work with out freakin him out?????

this is my sons first halloween anf I just put his costume on to make sure it fit and so I know what to dress him in under it but he was sooooo afraid he was cryin and shakin

MichaelsMommy84

Asked by MichaelsMommy84 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Why make him wear it if it is upseting him so? I don't want to sound rude, but give it til next year maybe he will "get into it" better.. Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 4:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• will it fit on you even a lil i would put it on you and see if you can get him to laugh and then try the seeing it in the mirror thing...if neither of those work i agree dont make him
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 4:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My son was like that with his. I put it on the floor during play time to let him play with it and check it out. You could do that if there's nothing on it that could hurt him.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 4:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would Never Make him do it when it came down to it the thing is he likes it hes playin with it right now laughin and huggin it i just dont want him scaired when we try to put it on him
    MichaelsMommy84

Answer by MichaelsMommy84 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My nephew was like that he scream, shake if he saw any mask, oh and yell "mean" which was his first word lol.
    What kinda costume is it, maybe you could just put him in an orange outfit color his hair green? and say he is a pumkin. Good luck, my nephew is three now and still freaks just a little less
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• 10mo is pretty young. I would probly keep it very simple at that age. My oldest was 11mo at his first trick or treat, and to 'prep' him for the event we went and played with all the costumes at walmart and target.let him examine them, feel them, I put a bunch of masks on, made funny noises and faces at him, and generally made them something fun.

If he's already a little wobbly on the idea, I would hold off on the trick or treat thing to avoid him getting more worried when he saw other kids in costumes walking around in the dark.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my daughter was scared on her first halloween so i just put make up on her and put on a halloween sweatshirt, and sweats, and took her out, i dont think it will be a HUGE deal if he isnt dressed up, its not like ppl arent going to give him candy if hes not in a "costume".
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 9:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008