gestational diabetes--im soo lost!

i was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes this week and on tuesday and i went to see a specialist on the matter. so it's been 3 days and ive gained a ton of weight already because of the stupid plan she gave me. (ive gained 6lbs!! and im not even cheating!! im eating all healthy stuff in my meal portions)it's crazy all the meals im on cuz i supposedly need them. im so sick of it, and on top of that i can't control my blood sugar. wat is going on!?? im soo lost! im frustrated, angry, and a depressed because ive been doing well with my weight and gaining the right proportions and all of a sudden i spiral out of control once i met with this dumb lady and her meal plans! im just so frustrated!

if anyone has ever had gestational diabetes during their pregnancies, how do you manage to control it?

is it normal to be gaining so much weight so fast??

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cut out ALL simple starches, refined sugars and you should be fine. Stay hydrated, and stay away from things like juice (its all sugar- eat the fruit instead).
    Keep a high fiber diet, plenty of veggies, fresh fruit, lean protein, and COMPLEX carbs. Also, make sure that you are walking an average of 1-2 miles a day... staying active really, really helps!
    Eat small meals, fairly frequently so that you don't have any blood sugar dip/spike patterns going on... And, good luck.

I had GD with 2 pregnancies, and I controlled it this way.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ObbyDobbie has some great advice. However, check with your doctor before taking those walks ObbyDobbie suggestes. I had other issues going on that I wasn't able to do that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am guessing that something may be out of whack. I'd suggest calling her or your doctor tomorrow with your concerns. I'm sorry you are having such a confusing time.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have had it with both of my pregnancies. Without know what plan the lady put you on, it is hard to what is going on. At first, it can be difficult. Please call and talk to your doctor to try and figure out what is going on.

I was succesful in managing my diabetes with just diet. Some people need to take insulin.

It is a lot about carbs and sugar. It can be hard, as carbs and sugars can hide in foods.

Call your doctor and good luck.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely OK an exercise routine with your OB if you are having issues. But physical activity helps soooo much! You should also consider water fitness classes, which burn 2x the calories of land exercise, but without any of the physical stresses- it is essentially a weightless environment.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Message me. I have too much to say to put it on here. I would be glad to help you. its difficult at first.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010