SAHMs - Do you plan on going back to work once the kids are in school?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I did not become a SAHM until my son was 10.. He's now grown and living across the country and going to college..

I will remain at home unless unforseen circumstances arise and need to return to work.

Me deciding to leave my career and be at home, had just as much to do with my husband/myself/our relationship, as it had to do with being home for my son. So, I will continue to be at home for husband, myself and our relationship.

Our only is gone. Our time these days, is all about "us", no way am I going to lose that by going back to work. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes i plan on going back to as soon as they are both in school being at home all the time is driving me insane i just dont want my kids in daycare never know how they're treating my kids i feel safer with them being with me at least when they're in school they can let me know if theres a problem.
    Mamii0f2

Answer by Mamii0f2 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No. My youngest is 11 and I will be a SAHM til he is on his own. I am here to see him off to school every morning, and here when he gets home every afternoon. I am here to help with his homework, make sure he bathes and brushes his teeth and to tuck him into bed. My kids and family ARE my career. Raising my children to be productive, respectful, responsible members of society IS my job. The work is hard but INFINATELY rewarding. I have no ill will toward anyone who chooses to be a working mother, and think that they can do a fine job raising their kids as well. I chose to make my family and kids my "work".
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 6:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well, youngest just left for college. I thought I'd go back to work when I was younger, but then I was involved in their school, and I didn't want to leave them after school, and I tried working for a little while, but the house fell apart, my husband decided he really liked having me home to take care of not just the kids, but him as well. He likes coming home to the house clean, bills paid, and dinner on the table, although now that the kids are grown, we do go out more often. I found that I liked being home, and I still never have enough time to do all of the things I want to do. I'm happy, he's happy, and unless we need for me to go back to work, I'll be home,

I'm also finally writing the book I wanted to write all those years with the kids at home,
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'd love to finish my degree first, but yes, I'm planning on going back to work when our child/ren is/are all in school.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No. My kids are almost there. This year one is in full day and one is in half day. Next year they will both be in school full day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I do plan on going back to work once our daughter starts school, at least part-time anyways. While my daughter is not in school though, I am going to be taking online classes with a university. But we are planning on TTC baby #2 in 2013, so at least I will get most of my schooling and have worked for a few years to save up some extra cash before we get pregnant with our second child. At least then I'll feel more secure than I did before we had our first. But I am lucky enough to be able to stay home because my husband makes enough money to support us and he still would if we had a second child, but I want to go back to work to save up some extra cash for the future, not help out.

poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Never full time, but maybe part time when my youngest gets in school. I want to be here when they leave and when they get home from school.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes I would first like to go to college first time maybe then to work..
    but my #1 role will always be wife/mom.... I want to be the "school mom" (field trips, pta, and so on)
    maybe i will just have a child every 5-6yrs ;-) (JUST KIDDIN!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I plan on going back to school when my daughter starts school. I was in the Navy and plan on using the GI Bill to pay for it, so there is no reason for me not to.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010