Are there Bible scriptures for Veterans concerning war crimes? adult content

..For someone who committed crimes during war, whom has changed and found god. Is there any scriptures concerning one whom has changed?

More specifically... Following a commanders orders to take another’s life. And regretting it every day since. Is there any hope for salvation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I imagine some of the Israelites found this thought going on in their minds when they were ordered to destroy the cities and the people in them when they were fighting the occupants when they were settling in the land God gave to each tribe(. GThe book of Joshua in the Bible) God knew there would be times of war and the commandment "Thou shalt not Kill isn't talking about war time- it's talking about planning on killing someone and committing that act either out of vengence or hatred or just because you feel like it-
    If you know you have commited sin- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrightousness..
    mocha76

Answer by mocha76 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• John 14: verse 1 "Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God ; believe also in Me. In My Father's house are may dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself so that where I am you may be also. You know the way where I am going.
    Thomas said...
    "how can we know the way?"
    Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 7:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've prayed for their hearts for many years. only God is able to hear "their own hearts." If you are truly repentant and realize that it
    is a core gut instinct to know here are some proverbs.
    PROVERBS
    28:23 One who rebukes a person will later find more favor than one who flatters with his tongue.
    PROVERBS
    the one who robs his father or mother and says, "That 's no sin," is a companion to a ma who destroys.

NOW here's the salvation;
    Proverbs 30: 1, through 9. This person (people) must read the words or have them in earshot to know what this means, or on tape. In their heart they are hurting, so the salvation is when the person works out their own salvation. It is a free gift from God, but if so much sin has occurred that they aren't "feeling" worthy, that is just the psychological damage that accompanies the actions they were told to do.

Knowing Jesus was sent to save us from our sins is a free gift and --
    Anonymous

• There is always hope of salvation, no matter what the sin. You hear the word of God, believe it, repent of the sin (turn completely away from it) and become baptized. Acts 2:38. Then you live your life the best you can according to the scriptures. In receiving forgiveness for sin, one should also forgive him or her self as well. Recognize that you are no longer the person you used to be.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• There is always hope for salvation always. Repent, and you will be forgiven, and God is so gracious that He will not even REMEMBER your sin. He separates your sin as far as the east is from the west. Also, a murder is a serious sin, but those of us who have hated our neighbors have committed murder. If your repentence is real, then the guilt is from satan not from God. You need to let it go. If you want to talk more, please pm me. God Bless and have peace.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 12:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2010