Does politics make people slanderous? I had some papers sticking in the front of my screen door that was opened.

I picked it up thinking it was an ad for businesses and it was a pic of our mayor hugging with another politician who is now facing a lot of fines and penalites. There was also lies written about him involving law enforcement. Why would politicians go to such low , dirty extremes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Politics is a dirty business.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Forgot to add, I don't think politics makes anyone that way. It's either in your character, or it's not. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This must be the first political season where you've paid attention - it has ALWAYS been like that and unless the US gets rid of the party system and has the candidates run only on their beliefs - it won't stop.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Because they know that some people will vote based on exactly those pamphlets, rather than doing their own research.... I think it's incredibly distasteful (and yes, I do believe BOTH parties are guilty of this), and frankly, I think they should be fined for every proven lie they put out there.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Win at all costs.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• SOMETIMES ALL DEPENDS ON YOU
    babygurl9876637

Answer by babygurl9876637 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Wow have you watched any of the political commercials lately? They are all that way and I can't wait until the election is over so I don't have to see them anymore
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010