Christmas Villages?

I am wanting a Christmas Village-would prefer one with a lot detail. Does anyone have a village? If so, what creator is it and where might I find it?

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 6:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• I have a huge village that took some years to collect. The pieces that I have are from Dept. 56. They have quite a few different styles. All are incredibly beautiful and with lots of detail! just go onto http://www.department56.com/index.aspx

You'll treasure your village forever and it will be something beautiful and special each year! Wonderful memories for your family!
    Happy shopping!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 8:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well, I do, but I collect the houses I find in thrift shops and yard sales. I have houses of all kinds and we set them up every year.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Mine are packed away right now, so I have no idea the brand. They are old-fashioned ones though, I think they have more details than the newer ones. Most of them were gifts from MIL, and she probably got them from a garage sale. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have several. my one set is all Precious Moments, you can collect them from just about anywhere. The Bradford Exchange does a monthly one they send to you for about $56.00 mine have all taken years to accumulate. While I do not know the brand of my other ones I know that Thomas Kindaid has some very beautiful ones. I know years ago that I would collect them from K-Mart I really haven't seen many there Wal-mart does have some at Christmas time. Shop the Goodwill, Antiques and yard sales also. It takes time to build a village but it's so fun and so worth it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Mine have come from Walmart, Family Dollar, AC Moore, basically whenever I saw a cute one or a piece that I liked, I bought it. I think they mean more that way.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2010