Christmas Villages?

I am wanting a Christmas Village-would prefer one with a lot detail. Does anyone have a village? If so, what creator is it and where might I find it?

Asked by Queenofscrap at 6:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• I have a huge village that took some years to collect. The pieces that I have are from Dept. 56. They have quite a few different styles. All are incredibly beautiful and with lots of detail! just go onto

You'll treasure your village forever and it will be something beautiful and special each year! Wonderful memories for your family!
    Happy shopping!

Answer by AlisonAstair at 8:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Mine have come from Walmart, Family Dollar, AC Moore, basically whenever I saw a cute one or a piece that I liked, I bought it. I think they mean more that way.

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have several. my one set is all Precious Moments, you can collect them from just about anywhere. The Bradford Exchange does a monthly one they send to you for about $56.00 mine have all taken years to accumulate. While I do not know the brand of my other ones I know that Thomas Kindaid has some very beautiful ones. I know years ago that I would collect them from K-Mart I really haven't seen many there Wal-mart does have some at Christmas time. Shop the Goodwill, Antiques and yard sales also. It takes time to build a village but it's so fun and so worth it

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Mine are packed away right now, so I have no idea the brand. They are old-fashioned ones though, I think they have more details than the newer ones. Most of them were gifts from MIL, and she probably got them from a garage sale. ;)

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well, I do, but I collect the houses I find in thrift shops and yard sales. I have houses of all kinds and we set them up every year.

Answer by scout_mom at 6:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010