Have you been told you had or have HPV? Did it scare you and is everything ok now? adult content

When I was pregnant with my son in 2006 I found out I had severe Displasia due to HPV. I was so scared because I was pregnant and didnt really know what they were going to do. My dr said that I would have to wait till I had my son for them to be able to do anything. So when I had him in June 2007 I had to set an appt to get a LEAP done. which is a scraping of he cervix. The Dr who done it told me I was at the stage before it would have became cancerous. VERY SCARY. I wouldnt know what I would have done. I know HPV is common and I was just wanting to know how you overcame it and what happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• I have/had it. Before I was every preggo I had a dnc to get rid of precancerous cells. IDuring pregnancy they burned off the bumbs I had. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago. It had nothing to do with HPV. I have had 2nd degree cells in the past though. And yes HPV is very common.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i have/ had it we found out before i got pregnant but when they went to scrape me the next time i was prego so we had to wait. my hubby has it too so we both have to get treated at the same time its a pain!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Almost everyone has HPV of one sort or another. I had the same thing done as you have. They just found a small spot.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• First of all there is no test for men to know if they have HPV, so they only way they know is if warts show up. Second half of all sexually active people have a type of HPV...there are over 300 types out there! Third you can have procedures done (like cryo, LEEP, or laser) and be perfectly fine for the rest of your life!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My story is almost identical to yours.  I had my first abnormal pap when I was pregnant with my 3rd child in 2006.  After I had him, they did a colposcopy with biopsy, then a LEEP (July 2006).  I was also told I have HPV.
    Since the LEEP, my paps have come back normal (had a couple scares of abnormal paps and another colpo after I had the LEEP, but everything turned out fine).

Amy - Owner of Abnormal Moms

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010