School program ideas

My son got chosen for a speaking part in his 1st grade program next week and we have to make a costume for him. The part is a clown fish, but it's not the actual fish like in finding nemo. It like a fish and a clown mixed together. I could really use some creative ideas. Thanks in advance.

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 6:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What about a regular clown costume but instead of a wig make a big fin on the top, and fins for arms too??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• How about using the bottom part of a merman costume, then from the waist up dress him like a clown?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would go the day after Halloween and get clown stuff and add fins to him. Maybe put him in arm floaties or a tubie too so he could be a silly fish, since all fish know how to swim.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Head: Clown Face
    Body: Fish body
    Legs/feet: Clown clothes
    -------
    Make his arms fins/with matching colored shirt on .. it really depends on what you have to work with. how handy u are and money.. lol..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies you have really given me some things to work with. I have never been very artsy so this is a tough one for me, but it's a very big deal to him so I want to do a good job.
    Quentinsmamma

Comment by Quentinsmamma (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010