how do you help your baby when they are teething?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im not sure what age you are speaking of, but if they can sit up in a high chair and hold a frozen bagel, it works great and you will probably have time to clean your whole kitchen while they knaw on it.
    Another tip is a baked chicken legg, They LOVE that, pull the skin off , its yummy. just watch as they get to the end.
    you can also buy those little teether bags and put frozen banana iin it, my babies loved that, but the bagel or the teething biscuits work well.
    curioschatter

Answer by curioschatter at 7:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i gave my baby a frozen waffle to chew on he loved it. or you can get teething tablets they are awesome my lil boy loves them.
    lilfrankiemomma

Answer by lilfrankiemomma at 7:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I used to put a wet washcloth in the freezer to freeze it then give it to my son to chew on...really helped!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I did the damp wash cloth in the freezer and that worked great. My son loved to sit there and chew on that for a while...That and there is no mess because of it either...aside from the floor getting a little wet. Good luck and hope your little one starts feeling better.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I gave them sweet pickles and frozen waffles to chew on.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Hi All, When our boys were born, they began the teething, our Peds Dr. told us to give them 1/4 cup of beer.. They were both born in Summer months.. Also, family , me, the boys put them in strollers, & took them into town for a stroll.. They calmed down, went to sleep.. The beer won't hurt them.. They were both between around 4mo., through the rest coming in.. They didn't have the beer consistently of course.. Just when the new ones were having a hard time coming in.. In the Winter, they went over to Aunt Linda's, Uncle Bobby's house.. Lol, lol.... I froze turkey/chicken leg bones.. I never bought all the stuff they have out there.. I used the old fashioned ideas.. Take Care, Donna....
    dobrd

Answer by dobrd at 7:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i cut up apples into her mesh feeder also since the teething tablets were recalled (so sad) my dd has a amber teething necklace! it works great!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I GIVE HIM OR HER BABY ORALJEL
    babygurl9876637

Answer by babygurl9876637 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010