What if everything you knew was wrong?

Watching a show about Hell last night got me thinking.
What if everything we thought we knew, stuff from the bible and such, was wrong? What if God was Satan and Satan was God?
If Satan disguises himself to deceive you, could this not be a possibility?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 7:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Interesting question.... I'm curious about the responses. I don't really have an opinion, since I don't believe in any of them, but looking at it from a purely fictional viewpoint, I'd say it was totally possible! This is kind of along the lines of my question earlier, since in Anne Rice's book, God is actually indifferent, and the devil created hell to get people's lost souls admitted to heaven (which, in a way, actually makes him the GOOD guy).

I'm fascinated by things like that...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've asked many believers this very question and the only answer I ever get is 'faith'.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well then I would be good to go considering I am wiccan and everyone tells me that I worship him since they dont know or have any understanding of the religion lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Heaven/Hell/Satan.. in the popular sense........

Not part of my beliefs . So not a worry on my part.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It wouldn't matter to me since I don't believe in any of it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Is this like when I found out my parents didn't know everything and that they could actually be "wrong"? LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I feel this is an interesting question that has been asked. I do believe that God is who he says he is and that Satan is the bad guy A lot of the answer really does comes down to faith. I sometimes wonder even as a believer of God, if this was all made up. I would rather believe that there iss a God than believe that there is NOTHING to live for!
    Larorne

Answer by Larorne at 7:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That's why I don't "know" anything... I believe. It's different, and I think it's the essence of Faith.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am not sure I believe in either one so I am not going to worry about it. I think the Devil is in all of us and we make our own hell on earth. GOD? Maybe.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• But what if your "Faith" was misplaced?

Satan, they say, it very crafty and can make you do foolish things.
    Roadfamily6now

Comment by Roadfamily6now (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010