It really blows me away .........

that a person can be a murdering/child molester/ rapist, etc. and ask god for forgiveness and be allowed to enter heaven but a good person that does all the right things, but has not "accepted" God will go to hell.

Does that really sound fair?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 7:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• good thing i dont believe in god. hell sounds horrible.
    Anonymous

• I ask this often. According to my mom. I NEED to be saved.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Man, are you me reincarnated or something. I've asked the same question. Any horrible mass murderer can get into heaven if they ask for forgiveness, but somebody like Ghandi is SOL, because he doesn't believe in the Christian God? Yeah, I think I'll pass on that whole theory, it makes NO sense whatsoever to me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That's not my personal or religous belief.

Not everyone who believes in God believes that.

Not every religion teaches that.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• – collapse
    YES it does sound fair cuz the biggest sin of all is to not have God in your heart...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• According to my ex friend Ed and his crazy bastard neo-Christian church,this is so. My friend and I were shunned by him because we didn't believe his way,but a guy that joined his church who was an ex drug dealer,pimp,and convicted murderer who saw the light,so to speak,was accepted into their arms because he found Jesus in prison. Neither my friend nor I have ever done anything illegal and we're trash to him! Makes a whole helluva lot of sense,doesn't it?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Having God in our hearts is just a phrase, we all sin. WE are all under the power tactics of satan and his thoughts, they are evil.
    Having God in our life to read about, at face value and just pass back and forth isn't what this means. We can also have peace of mind.

This isn't a card game it's the Word becoming flesh, and dwelt among mankind.

IMHO one can either take it or leave it. God said we are faithful if we first hear it with our ears. Of course we are not comparing notes, we aren't a game to God, he is love. Gut instinct tells us we aren't spiking rank when we just argue among each other.
    He knew this too. We are all guilty of something. Some on the answers just don't want to make waves, I hate that too.
    But for once finally ....does God just get the attention from is children that He picked and wants to know. ?? Does that make any sense?

Anonymous

• It is because you lack the understanding of the Heart of the Father.
    He has given everyone a precious gift of Salvation. It is a precious, beautiful gift that was a sacrifice for each one of us. It was love that propelled Him to give up Himself so that we no longer have to live that life of sin. When we ask for forgiveness, it is no longer in existence the thing we did, the slate is clean. The person who asked God for forgiveness has a love relationship with the Father and the Son. The Kingdom of Heaven is wide open for them.
    Those that do not choose to enter that Kingdom by their own choice the unforgivable sin is rejection of His Love and Free gift of salvation. Sin cannot ever enter the Kingdom of Heaven so by the person's own choosing they separate themselves from His Love forever.
    What blows me away is why people do not want to have this amazing person in their life!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• butterflyblue... your friend will have to answer to the Lord for that. That is not the heart of Christ or the heart of the Father. I am sorry you had to experience that and that it has made you angry and bitter toward the ONE who LOVES you best and most!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What blows me away is why people do not want to have this amazing person in their life!

BECAUSE WE DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS THE WAY THINGS ARE!
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 8:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010