Anyone use Paraguard for birth control?

If so how do you likeit. I think I may need to switch to something that is hormone free and this was suggested to me.

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 7:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• I had it for 4 months, and in the 4 months it was in, I bled for probably 3 1/2 months (hence why I had it removed). I too didn't want to go the hormone route because my body freaks with pills/shots/patches. I have friends with a positive Paragard experience though. Like any birth control, its bound to not work for everyone.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have it and really like it. My periods have completely stopped and I have no side effects.
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i have paraguard and love it! i didnt bleed at all when it was inserted. before i got it i used to have bad cramps with my periods and now i have no cramps at all. the only bad thing is that my period is a little heavier than normal on the first day. i have had paraguard for about a year and a half.
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have heavier periods now and the first one after it was put in had tons of cramps. But over all it's been good, I can not handle the hormone type birth controls.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 8:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had it from Dec-July. My period was REALLY heavy,and I had it for like 9 days.It fell out otherwise I would still be on it.Besides the heavy period I loved it
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010