No health insurance & need to go to the Dr... any advice?

I haven't been feeling well for a few weeks now. Alot of aches & pains that I've never had before. My lower back has been sore/stiff off & on, pains in my neck, arm, legs, etc., mostly on the left side. I feel tired & weak alot. I'm 38 years old. I have NO health insurance & think I should go get checked out. Honestly, it's been a few years since I've had an exam-(long story). I'm really scared/nervous about all these different pains I've been having. If something is wrong, there's no way I could pay for it! What would you do? I don't even have a regular Dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• Try calling your local health department. They should have information on any clinics offering doctor visits on a sliding scale fee.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Go to your county hospital. From there, they can sign you up for your state's Medicaid (Medi-Cal in CA).
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• if you are really low income, go to your hospital and let them know your situation. you can probably qualify for state funded insurance coverage.
    Anonymous

• O my...I am so sorry your not feeling well. I to am in the same boat with going and not being able to pay that BIG BILL. My hubby actually makes me go sometimes. I am also soooooo tired and achey....I'm 40 though. I think I might be going through early stages of peri-menopause. I got lucky last Christmas and my hubby bought me a track machine...my doctor ordered me to get one and I did....get in that thing and tilt yourself back...it aligns your spine, helps with colon problems and other things. If you can get one of those though, I believe around 199-200 dollars. In the mean time just keep watch of how you feel and if you don't get better just go to the ER. Even ask some friends or family of a doctor who will work with you on payments. Hope you feel better!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thanks for the replies ladies. Unfortunately, I am low income right now. I have a special needs child who has needed his care & have been putting mine on hold. I've always been pretty healthy & I'm just worried because my 4 year old needs me!
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I would definently try to apply for low income assistance. Also, if you are intrested I can help you get a health benefits plan for just $29.95 for you whole household. Let me know if I can help you in any way. You and your son will be in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon.
    -Sabrina
    sabrinarae

Answer by sabrinarae at 5:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Sign up for Ameriplan. For $29.00 you can get health benefits for your family. Let me know if you have any questions! Check out my profile how to sign up for Ameriplan and how is it working.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 7:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree. Try out Ameriplan. They are actually having a special in November... the first month is just $20 for any plan you choose, and you don't have to sign a contract. What have you got to lose? There are lots of great answers here too. You can figure something out. I hope you feel better.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Hey Hun! If you don't have health insurance a good idea would be to check out a Health Discount program. Let me know if I can help you out. You can get major savings and not have to go through an application process. There's no exclusions, or limitations, etc. Go to http://www.mybenefitsplus.com/ehestand for some more detailed information.

Feel free to check out my page ~ my phone number is on there ~ give me a call if you have any questions at all.

~ Emily ~
    mammaemily

Answer by mammaemily at 12:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009