Anti-anxiety meds?

Has anyone taken them while pregnant? Which ones did your Dr. perscribe? My Dr. mentioned that she would perscribe something to me if my anxiety became a problem again.. And it has. I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety disorder. Just curious as to which ones are the safest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• i can't answer the question with respect to pregnancy but there are things you can do naturally that may help. proper nutrition makes a huge difference in mental state. get plenty of B vitamins, avoid caffeine and other stimulants. there are other supplements and natural cures too... not enough space here for me to get into it. i used to struggle very badly with chronic depression and now know i can control it just by eating right... it was very serious and deep. not everyone's is that chemical, but our body chemistry is a huge factor. my hubby has anxiety problems and finds ways to deal with through meditation and supplements. he's on meds too... but he's not pregnant.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• how do u do it to be diagnosed with anxiety? do u tell your doctor how youre feeling or does he know right away after a check up? because i get nervous and i hate being around alot of people i'll get heat flashes and i'll get frustrated, i dont really like going to public places unless i have too. i dont really like socializing or being in get togethers with my family, when i see someone i havent seen for a longtime and i have to socialize with them my lips and hands start shaking. is that anxiety disorders?
    Anonymous

• To quote, "how do u do it to be diagnosed with anxiety? do u tell your doctor how youre feeling or does he know right away after a check up? because i get nervous and i hate being around alot of people i'll get heat flashes and i'll get frustrated, i dont really like going to public places unless i have too. i dont really like socializing or being in get togethers with my family, when i see someone i havent seen for a longtime and i have to socialize with them my lips and hands start shaking. is that anxiety disorders?

You certainly may have anxiety disorder. Some of the symptoms sound that way. I am afraid of large crowds and public places myself.. More that I'm terrified of public embarassment. I would mention it to your doctor.. Chances are he/she won't know what your symptoms are if he/she doesn't see you all the time.
    Joannimal

Answer by Joannimal at 7:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I stayed on my Lexapro for anxiety and depression, my entire pregnancy. Everything was fine
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008