what would it mean if...........

my husband told me the other night while he had his arms wrapped around me "u know sweety the weather is warmer now so u can go out for walks and exercise, u can lose weight now"....................i have a 9month old so my body's changed since having my baby.......and for the last few months he was always like "oh i don't want u to lose anymore weight....i like u at this weight....u've lost alot already that enought....i don't want u to be too skinny"
then the next day he kept making fun of my skin.......i have very clear skin most of the time but if i eat chilli chips then i get pimples!....
mind u, he has been saying this after we had a fight on saturday night.................i feel devasted and it hurt to hear him say this......am i over reacting or do i have the right to be upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I know how you feel...my husband told me that I need to wake up in the morning and work out before our son wakes up....What a dick right. Just brush it off...Having to run after your child every day is enough of a work out. Im sorry he made you feel this way though. And yes you have the right to be upset when you get insulted.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'd be upset. He said he likes you at the weight you are at, now he says you need to lose weight. What the hell does he want? I'd be mad, and hurt. And, childish as it is, I'd get even.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes, you are over reacting if a couple can joke and jest without the other taking it too personal you are in trouble.

Answer by older at 7:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would be a bit upset but he most likely was jokeing. If it bothers you that much tell him how it made you feel and then drop it.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think it is very childish to make digs at you , because he is mad.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think you have a right to be upset. It's insensitive to make fun of you (teasing or not) so soon after having a baby. If he doesn't mean it, it still hurts to hear someone say that when you're probably not feeling the best about yourself already! If he did mean it, he should re-evaluate what is most important to him and not make you feel badly because you gave birth to HIS child!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ouch! that's very rude. he's your husband. he should love you no matter what you look like. he probably said it because he was mad and wanted to hurt you. which is very immature. if you want to lose weight for yourself go ahead. if you think your body is fine then don't listen to him. men can be really insensitive sometimes.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would say it means your husband is in the dog house. Yea I bet he works outside of the home but I'm guessing you're like 95% of the moms I know and while being the chef, the nanny, the zoo keeper, the child herder, the nurse, the cow (if your a bf momma lol), the scullery maid, the butler, the accountant, the referee, the event coordinator... you'd rather get that extra 30-60 minutes of sleep then go sweat your butt working out. Correct me if I am wrong.. :)
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This didn't sound like he was joking to me.
    He was trying to say it in a nice way, but I'd still be hurt if he had just before said not to lose more. Really, I'd tell him it's my decision to maintain whatever weight I am comfortable at. My ex-husband didn't want me to lose weight but I told him I was doing it anyway because I had a lot of reasons why I felt I needed to. I lost 68 lbs, still have 60 more to go. But while I was losing, he was happy about it and he was encouraging.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010