Has your child ever been a "biter" or been bitten by another child? What did you do?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 8:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, first my daughter now my son. I said no no that hurts a lot. My daughter finally got it though after another child bit her.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 11:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes my DD's were Biters. I bit them back. they stoped that soon.

Answer by louise2 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My oldest was a HORRIBLE biter. He would leave his younger sister black and blue and even drew blood a few times, he had learning disabilities and that was how he communicated. I had to bite him back.

My 5th was a moderate bitter and stern "No that hurts" was all it took but it took some time.

Of my 8 I can only remember 2 of them biting.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My 3 year old was never a biter but he was bitten once at daycare. I brought him home one day and changed his diaper. I was horrified when I saw a huge bite mark that outlined each tooth perfectly. He was wearing jeans so the kid had to have bitten extremely hard to make that kind of a mark. I told the daycare the very next day and they said that he had not cried and they hadn't noticed it. They had an idea who it was because there was a known biter in the class. They spoke to his parents.

My 1 year old seems like he may be a biter. He bites at home but I haven't had any reports of biting at daycare. We shall see if he is...

http://howdidibecomemymother.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I will bite them back. It only took one to two times with each of them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• mine bites we just stop her, we can see when shes going to bite. I kinda feel like the whole i dont want you to bite or hit, so i wont bite or hit them.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010